All works should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
African Writers Hq invites Africans and non-Africans who share our ardent passion for Africa to submit their creative works –poetry, short stories, literature reviews and opinions.
Our submission window is open year-round.
NOTE: Read the guidelines carefully as works that don’t adhere to them will be rejected by our editors.
• Text formatting: We don’t really care about this. Just be sure to use a legible 12pt font (preferably Tines New Romans or Arial).
• Double line spacing for poetry, single line spacing for stories, opinions and reviews.
• All works must be free from typographical and grammatical errors.
• Send your work as an attachment in a word document.
• You can include up to three poems in one document and not more than one short story, opinion or review.
• Do not include your name, biography or contact details in the document containing your work(s).
• Title of submission for poetry, short stories and opinions must adhere to this format: Author’s name–category–title of work e.g Adams Esosa–poetry–Bonfire.
• Attach a biography written in third person in a separate word document.
• Poetry must be 24 lines or less per poem.
• Short stories must be 1500 words or less.
• Include a glossary for non-English terms and expressions.
• We accept works on various themes although works with Afro-centric themes are given preference.
• Allow up to 18 days before submitting another work. We respond to every submission within a 4-9 days waiting period.
African Writers Hq reserves the right to edit your work (relax! We do that to clean typos and faulty expressions). However, your consent will be asked before publishing. Writers retain full rights to their works on our platform.